I would just like to state that I have thought long and hard about my New Year's Resolution and I have determined that for one month, the month of January, I will not listen to any news: neither MSNBC, FOX, CNN, NPR, or Pacifica Radio. I have a suspicion that simply knowing about current events is a detriment to my sense of peace and well-being, and it is my earnest hope that by ignoring all news sources I can regain a clearer mind, and a more balanced disposition.
That being said, let me state at this time to what conclusions I have arrived during 2010 regarding the current state of America as well as the world:
1) The Republicans are wrong about everything. They are hateful, snide, mean-spirited little devils whose every singular position is contrary to the will of God.
2) Open homosexuality in the military should be a non-issue. Our military is here to protect us, and if our fighting soldiers are more interested in expressing their sexuality than they are in submitting to the more noble calling of protecting us, then they shouldn't be in uniform.
3) Allowing prayer in school is following the first commandment of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which essentially is to think about God with all that you have. However, to FORCE children to pray to Jesus is contrary to His second commandment, which is to love everybody equally. Therefore, there should be a time set aside, each day, in every school, for prayer or for meditation, or just a "quiet time" - it's good for the soul, it's good for the mind.
4) Liberals and progressives are following the second commandment of Jesus Christ in their attempts to do things for others, but they need to understand that while (as the bus as read) "Millions are Good without God" (which is true), that's not really the point. The point about Jesus' first commandment is to get our minds off ourselves and focused toward something greater than ourselves, so that we can lift ourselves above ourselves. Again, I believe Progressives will understand this instinctively, while Conservatives will sneer and go cheat somebody out of their home.
5) We need to stop the wars. Now. Immediately. Bring all the soldiers back home. No excuses, no ifs ands or buts. Just do it. Foreign wars are contrary to the will of God. And anybody who claims to be a follower of Jesus and is supportive of war is in conflict. If you disagree, read your Bible.
6) We have a problem with hispanic immigration, but if we want to solve the problem, we must help build the Mexican economy. People only move away from their native country when there are no jobs in their native country.
7) There is a problem with the drug cartels running Mexico, but that is because Americans are shooting drugs into their veins. We as Americans have to stop our drug addiction. Right now. Immediately. Every single addict in America has to go cold turkey - RIGHT NOW. Because for every needle injected, some poor women dies brutally in Juarez.
8) Pro-Choice is right, Pro-Life is wrong. Yes, abortion is terrible. But back-alley butchers are even more disgusting, and to return to a society like that would be an abomination in the eyes of God. If you don't want a woman to have an abortion, help her - support her - tell her you will take her unwanted baby and raise it as your own.
9) Corporations will kill human beings in order to make a greasy dollar. They are contrary to the will of God. They are not human beings themselves, and yet we treat them like such. Corporations cannot be expected to act morally, because they have no soul. Yet we are giving them equal rights under the Constitution, which was made to protect people. Conservatives are trying to make Corporations into the People, and we have to stop that. It's a travesty of justice.
10) The First Amendment protects freedom of political speech, which is the right of the people to stand in the middle of the street and say that the government is doing something wrong and needs to change. Free Speech does NOT protect any person's right to say nasty hateful things about other people, and it CERTAINLY does not protect pornography. We really need to get that straight!
11) ANY politician who uses the phrase "the American people" more than three times in one minute has nothing to say. Don't listen to them. They don't care about the American people, they are only sucking up to you to get a stab at their own power.
12) Oh yeah. It's sad that lately all the intellectual writers, even those who claim to be Christians, believe in the historical Jesus (i.e. the Prophet, great teacher, cool Zen guy etc) but shy away from the fact that Jesus was/is/will always be God in Flesh. That's really sad, because the only people claiming that are Conservatives, who say it but obviously don't believe it, because every single one of their actions is contrary to the will of God.
So, let me just state: Jesus IS God, in the flesh, one aspect of the Triune God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), who came here to lead us all. He made it very clear: Love God with all you are (i.e. get to thinking beyond yourself) and love everybody else the same way you love yourself (i.e. stop being so selfish, and make sure everybody else has exactly the same that you have).
Basically, He's telling us to stop being so selfish, and get out there and dream big and make those dreams a reality for the improvement of the entire world.
Let's do it!
God bless you all! The Cafe is open for all thoughts and ideas and comments and plans and actions. However, this will be the last political statement I make, at least until February 1st.
On second thought, let me just break my "news fast" on Groundhog Day. 2-2-11.
Post a Comment